We are looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to develop and execute exploratory tests as well as automated tests in order to ensure product quality.
Responsibilities include estimating, planning, and coordinating testing activities. You will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system. Preferred candidates would have prior experience implementing and using an Automated Testing tool.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Able to diagnose issues from both a functional and technical standpoint (Tailing logs, communicating technical issues to facilitate quick resolution)
- Able to review functional and technical requirements to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Able to create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured testing plans and test cases
- Able to design, develop, and execute automated testing scripts using open source tools
- Able to identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs to reduce troubleshooting time/development impact
- Able to implement and perform thorough regression testing throughout the system
- Able to give meaningful and constructive feedback to the development team in a structured manner to improve software quality
- Able to communicate effectively with external stakeholders to gather feedback and address issues
- Experience writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Experience working in both an Agile/Scrum and waterfall development process
- Experience with performance/security testing